SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Nunn, Florence: Bucket List


Before we die, all people have things they would like to do, whether it’s going to the Superbowl, walking the Great Wall of China, or bungee jumping. Some people make this list in their head without even realizing, others however, like myself, know what we want to do, and will do anything to accomplish these tasks.

               For me, accomplishing things on my bucket list is extremely important. The number one thing on my list was to go to Florence, not only because of my name but also because it is one the most beautiful places on Earth. Second on my list was to ride in an airplane, mostly due to my love of heights and the fact that you can’t exactly get to Italy in a car. So, when my high school put up the posters for the summer tour of Italy, I made sure that I had a way to come up with the money! My parents, who knew exactly how important this was to me, were extremely supportive. There is nothing in this world like the feeling you get when you accomplish a goal that means so much to you. As I walked around Italy all I could think was "I’m finally here," and I loved the relief I got as a marked two more things off my lengthy bucket list.

               Though I have worked very hard to accomplish several of my goals, a few will have to wait. One day, I would like to run for president, which is actually my career goal. However unrealistic it may seem, that is what I would like to do with my life. I would also love to live in New York and practice law. I believe that I would be able to make a monumental difference within the world, and work my way up in society if I lived in a big city like New York.

Though many people will look at the words Bucket List, and picture just a recent movie that received good ratings, I see a calling, a challenge, and most importantly, something to live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment