SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Beavers, Michelle: Bucket List


People are born into a world full of wonder and surprise to live and then to die. My life will be defined by the chances I take, the memories I make, and the future plans I have yet to accomplish. My name is Michelle Beavers, and this is my bucket list.

First, after completing my four years of undergraduate courses, I want to go to Louisiana State University Medical School in New Orleans. I want to be an oncologist and help save cancer patients because they are the strongest people I have ever met. Plus, after spending four years in Arkansas, being back home would sound like music to my ears. 

While spending countless hours studying for exams in medical school, dancing and running will help keep me sane. These two favorite hobbies helped define my character by teaching me how to work hard, have discipline, and express myself. Before I die, I want to try out for “So You Think You Can Dance” and run a marathon in every state. Running fifty marathons will ensure that the discipline I have developed throughout my lifetime of cross-country and track stays with me until the end. “So You Think You Can Dance” has been my favorite show since it started airing in 2005. Going through the audition process like so many great dancers before me would be a most memorable experience. 

From girlhood on, every woman dreams of starting a family. Before I die, I want this lifelong dream to become a reality. I love children and believe I would make a great mom. Lastly, I want to go cage diving with sharks. I am an adrenaline junkie and want to meet the fear of the ocean face to face.

I love the definition of my life so far. My past experiences have done a great job telling the world who I am, but I still have more to write. My bucket list is still out there, waiting for me to step up and fulfill the exiting, exhilarating, and courageous plans of my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment