SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

White, Jordan: Bucket List


Life is exciting and people say life is short, so make the best of it. One way is with a bucket list, a list of personal wishes to achieve before death. In my life, I want to travel the world, help the helpless with mission trips, and drive drag racers or just go fast somehow.

Traveling is a great adventure, it provides a different view of the world and shows how other people live out their lives. Traveling provides knowledge and appreciation of this beautiful, created world. Seeing different cultures, trying new foods, and enjoying a variety of scenery is the beauty of traveling. It is even more exciting to travel to other countries. I have done so on mission trips. 

Mission trips are where my heart is. I have traveled out of country nine times to help the helpless and I plan to keep traveling to serve others. I traveled to Jamaica last summer where I helped build a house for a Jamaican family. As I said, mission trips are still on my bucket list and I know they will remain there. 

Finally, my on the adventurous side of my bucket list is the desire to just go fast. I want to either drag race, fly a plane, or drive a motorcycle really fast. I have always loved speeding, which is not a good habit, but it is something I enjoy and plan to achieve one day. 

I have an adventurous life already, but I enjoy it and try to make the most of it. I hope to keep serving in the mission field and give people all the help I can. I also hope one day to travel the world to see beautiful places, and hope to go fast in some type of vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment