SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

O'Hara, Jessi: Bucket List


The world we live in is highly diverse and full of opportunities. I desire to experience so many of those. I am making a bucket list with specific goals to enable me to achieve the best experience this world can offer before the end of my life. I feel as though my bucket list may seem not as extraordinary as some, but it contains my personal dreams and wishes. I simply intend to aim for things that are actually attainable.
            To begin, I wish to visit every state. I love traveling and seeing all of the different things each state has to offer. America is known as the melting pot. Each state has something for which it is recognized; all have different cultures, landmarks, accents, cuisines, and traditions. I have been to most of the states in the South, but very few elsewhere. One day I hope to visit all the remaining states so that I may step outside my comfort zone and diversify my cultural interests.
            I would love to go to culinary school. I have always enjoyed cooking. I would love to learn different techniques, combinations, flavor profiles, and how to execute recipes properly. I do not wish to be a professional chef,  cooking is more recreation or entertainment for me.
            The next item on my list may seem silly to some. I have always dreamed of owning a short- haired miniature dachshund. As soon as I am financially stable and living somewhere which allows pets, I will own a dog like this. I have already taken the liberty of naming him Bentley.
            This is my bucket list. While not as extravagant as one might hope, this list satisfies my desires in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment