SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sikes, Caleb: Bucket List


            My bucket list is fairly normal. I would like to have a good family, a well-paying job and place to hang my hat. But where mine differs is that I don’t just want to be a spectator in life, like a tourist, but to totally immerse myself and to know and understand peoples and cultures.
            I would like to first get my bachelor’s degree, then my master’s degree and then begin my work training to be a Physician’s Assistant. I have always enjoyed helping people who are in need no matter who or where. When I was little and saw people hurting I had the desire to go help them however I could.
            I also would love to travel the world. I have always had a fascination with other cultures and wish to learn more about them first hand. I would love to go see Switzerland, specifically the Jungfrau region with its breathtaking scenery and the Chillon Castle for its beautiful design.
            My third item on my bucket list is that I have always dreamed of being in a band.  My main desire is to open for my favorite bands at Wacken Open Air, the largest metal festival in the world. I would like to be the bassist or the lead singer and write songs with lyrics that speak not only to the audiences’ ears but to their souls.
            I plan to check all of these off my bucket list long before retirement. Life is an adventure and I plan to see, enjoy, and experience as much of this world as I possibly can. Two of my three bucket list items are obtainable for me.  The third item is a dream but hope to begin working on it after the first two bucket items are fulfilled.  It will take hard work and dedication.  I look forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment