SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Gibbs, Kira: Bucket List

-->
There are many times where I have had the opportunity to sit down and listen to a variety of people explain to me their nearly-reached goals and future dreams. Whenever I do, I gradually come to the point where I end up just “hearing” what has been said, instead of actually listening. Not because what I’m being told is boring; on the contrary it’s intriguing which makes me wonder what I want to do in life. I would like to do the most exciting things first, of course, which eventually leads me to thinking about a bucket list. 

The first goal on my bucket list is to announce “Live from New York, it’s Saturday night!” on the show Saturday Night Live. My father and I habitually watch it nearly every Saturday night. I am just amazed at the talent that this show produces, as well as the many jokes and infamous lines that are delivered. 

The second item listed on my bucket list is to act as a participant on the show Impractical Jokers. I’ve seen this show only a handful of times, but I’ve enjoyed all occasions, and I think it would just be a blast to participate in the show.

The third goal on my bucket list is to portray Belle from Beauty and the Beast in some kind of live action performance, whether it be Disneyland, or in a play. Belle is my absolute favorite Disney princess, and I’d always admired her when I was a young girl.

My next goal is to visit all the big amusement parks around the world. I absolutely love amusement parks and believe they are so much fun.                                                                                     
My final goal is is to own a bear; preferably a Giant Panda bear. This is my favorite animal and I believe I would enjoy owning one very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment