SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hesen, Lily: Bucket List


                  Personally, I define ‘financial peace’ as a paid for home, needs met, no debt, and never having to stress about money.  In life I have many financial goals that I have compiled together into a “bucket list”.
            The first item on my bucket list would be never to get a credit card. I have grown up reading several Dave Ramsey books and listening to his talk show. This has opened my eyes on how easy it is to drown in debt. Mr. Ramsey has expunged that getting a credit card guarantees debt and that is something I do not wish to deal with in life.
            Along with not having a credit card I would like to pay for my future home with cash only.  Instead of needing a down payment and having to worry about paying off my house debt for several years I’d rather cut a check to the seller. By doing this I would own the house and not have to ration my money.
            The final item on my bucket list would be to provide for my family as they have provided for me. My parents have spent thousands of dollars on my wellbeing and happiness over the past 18 years. I know I cannot teach them how to cut a steak or how to play golf, but I can use my financial success to help pay for things they need and surprise them with things they want.
            Living a life where I am smart with money is something that I aim for every day. I never want to worry about feeding my future family or have to deny myself from occasional wants due to having numerous debts. I plan to follow my bucket list to the T.

No comments:

Post a Comment