SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

May, Colton: Bucket List


       Everyone has a list of things that they would like to accomplish before their life is over, a bucket list. There are many things that I would like to accomplish in my life, but there are a few that stick out. Before my life is over, I would like to become an engineer, take a world tour, and visit every MLB park.

            Being a mechanical engineering major, it is obviously a goal of mine to become an engineer. I enjoy challenges, and I love the rewarding feeling I get when I put a lot of effort into something and I get to see the results. Above all, I love helping people. I want to better our society and I want people to benefit from the things that I accomplish.

            I would also like to take a world tour one day. There are so many incredible sights to see, and it would be a very awesome experience to go see everything. I particularly would like to go to Europe. I want to go see the Eiffel Tower and all the other amazing sights this earth has. 

            The goal I want to accomplish the most in my life is to visit every MLB stadium in the nation. I have loved baseball since I was a child so this would be very enjoyable for me. When I graduate college, I am going to try to go to a couple stadiums every summer and I can’t wait to get started on it.

            A person’s bucket list will tell you a lot about them. I think my bucket list says that I am a very diverse person. I enjoy many different activities, and I want to accomplish these things and more before I “kick the bucket.”

No comments:

Post a Comment