SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Graham, Mayce: Bucket List


            There are many things I wish to accomplish in my life: some realistic, others not so much. However, if I lived in a perfect world where anything could happen, these are the things I would want to do first.
1.     Go on a mission trip out of the United States.
I have been on a few mission trips in my short lifespan, but never have I been on one out of the country. I love learning about different cultures, and I want to share with the people of these cultures the love of Jesus. It is very important to me.
2.     Write a book.
I love reading, and I love writing even more. I want to write at least one book, but hopefully I will write more than that. Reading is like an escape from reality to me; someday I want to create my own alternative to reality.
3.     Get married.
Yes, I know, this is very cliché, but it is important to me. I believe that marriage is a life decision, so I will only marry the man God has chosen for me, wherever he is.
4.     Go to Disney World during Christmas.
I absolutely love anything to do with Disney. I am such a child at heart, and it makes me very nostalgic to go back and watch some of the older movies. Christmas is literally the most wonderful time of the year to me. It is such a happy time, and I enjoy spending time with my family. So, putting my two favorite things together seems like an obvious decision.
5.     Go to Italy.
Italian culture fascinates me. I would love to travel there and see it all for myself. Not to mention, it is a very beautiful country.
            Someday I will accomplish these goals of mine, perfect world or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment