SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

McKague, Daniel: Bucket List

-->
            I have a very large bucket list. Some of them are the same cliché ones that are on everyone else's such as skydiving or travelling the world while others are unique. I would have to say that my number one most unique goal on my bucket list and biggest dream would be to go to outer space.

            Outer space has always fascinated me. The fact that there could be endless things we’ll never get to discover or see is amazing. Space is so limitless. It contains things we can’t even imagine or fathom yet. I would love to work and use my skills to help further mankind's space conquest. The current ‘Mars One’ project would be an amazing opportunity to fulfill my goal but unfortunately I am too young and do not possess the skill set required yet. Later on in my life would be my preferred time frame to fulfill this goal and the way we are advancing technologically I have no doubt in my mind that I’ll have plenty of more chances in the future. 

            The reason going to space has intrigued me so much is because it would be like being a little kid again and seeing everything for the first time. It would be such a new and unique experience. I have the desire to contribute to something important and I believe space exploration is where I can do it.

            Going into outer space is the one thing on my bucket list I want to accomplish. There is no substitute or “oh well” for this. It will be checked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment