SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Buchanan, Abby: Bucket List


The best way to take advantage of the short life we have is to have a bucket list. In order to make the most of every moment, I have to strive to check off every item on my bucket list. My bucket list might not appear to be as adventurous as most, but I still plan to accomplish everything on my list before it’s too late!
1.     Strive towards God’s plan for my life
This one is my number 1 because the whole reason I am here is to follow hard after God and pursue His plan. This item on my bucket list is not one that I can mark off in a week; it will take a lifetime.
2.     Marry the man God has planned for me
This one is kind of cliché. I want to marry a man that will push me spiritually and want me to serve God as a family.
3.     Go on a Foreign Mission Trip
I’ve wanted to take a mission trip in another country for a while now, but my parents never felt comfortable for me to go. I’ve been on plenty of mission trips in the U.S. but I want to go even farther to share God’s love with people.
4.     Watch in person every major championship in golf
I am a major golf fan! I love playing and watching the sport. This past summer I attended the PGA Championship and now I want to attend every major!
5.     Visit all 50 States
This specific item on my bucket list means a lot to me. My grandparents on my dad’s side of the family recently finished this item on their bucket list. They finally visited all 50 states!
Now all I have to do is everything on this list before I “Kick the Bucket!”

No comments:

Post a Comment