SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Nash, Laura: Bucket List


            There are a multitude of things I want to do before I die. From traveling globe to landing a job out of college, my list is anything but boring. I want people to look back at the life I led and think how adventurous and culturally experienced I was. The idea of a bucket list may be for the one completing it, but after I'm are gone, what does it matter? What difference would it make in your family and friend’s lives? The legacy you leave behind can be a reflection on completing the tasks on your bucket list.
            Like many other college students, I want to graduate college, with honors and preferably a well paying job. Using my degree would be ideal, but the most important thing is that I truly enjoy the line of work I end up doing. The pay is also something I would hope to be exceedingly good, but as long as I make enough to support my needs I know the Lord will provide.
            One of the things I most want to accomplish is to travel the world. I want to tour all over the United States, visiting every state and all the major iconic landmarks. I also want to backpack in Europe with my sister, Leah. I want to visit Italy and enjoy their pastas, see the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and climb the stairs of the French Statue of Liberty. I don’t want to simply see the tourist attractions, but really get immersed into the cultures around the world. 
            With my bucket list I hope to truly leave my mark behind on the world. To all the people I meet along the way I hope to say a kind word and open my ears to hear their story and to help them in the most effective way possible. This is the legacy I hope to leave behind, the memory that people will have of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment