SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Tan, Su Lynn: Bucket List


            The first item on my bucket list is to visit the Seven Wonders of the World. I love travelling and experiencing the sights, sounds, and cultures of my destinations. I recently visited Italy and fell in love with its food, people, and architecture. I visited St. Peter’s Basilica, the Pantheon, and the Trevi Fountain, I also toured the Vatican City and the Coliseum. It was during this trip that I decided that I wanted to experience the Seven Wonders of the World with my own eyes.
            The second item on my bucket list is to go skydiving. Despite being a structured and collected person in my daily life, I love giving up control and just going with the flow. I love the adrenaline rush that comes with riding rollercoasters, bungee jumping, kayaking off of waterfalls, and other thrill seeking activities. Having scratched bungee jumping off my bucket list four years ago, skydiving is my next step on my thrill ride.
            Last but not least, I would like to return to my home country, Malaysia, as an educator. I love teaching students of all ages and my ultimate goal in life is to help my fellow citizens perform the best they can in the academic field. With what I will have learned here I want to improve the standard of education back home, especially in written and spoken English,
            Although the items on my bucket list do not relate to each other in any way, these are the things that show who I am as a person. I can imagine myself as a teacher who travels at every chance she gets and takes her students to theme parks just so that she, too, can ride on the rollercoasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment