SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Queen, Valarie: Bucket List


A habit is an automatic behavior that occurs without much conscious thought. I think it is safe to assume that as humans, we live a very habitual lifestyle. We wake up in the morning, and go about our day doing the same thing. We follow a routine. For me, accomplishing some of the things that are on my bucket list would require me to step outside of my bubble and completely throw my routine out the window. It’s not that the things on my list are unique or hard to accomplish, it’s just that it’s hard to step away from the cycle that our lives create.
A lot of things on my list involve going to different types of sporting events and traveling. So I guess you could say that one of my ultimate goals is to attend the summer Olympics. It’d be super cool to go to the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro because that is one place I have always wanted to visit, but I know that is very unlikely so I’d settle for any of the summer Olympic Games.
Next on my list would be to probably be to go one a road trip with my friends all the way to the Redwood National Park in California. Hiking in a forest with trees that are 300 feet tall and 30 wide would be staggering.
A lot of the things on my list involve traveling and seeing the world and all of that it has to offer. Once all of that is accomplished, settling down, starting a family and having a successful career would fulfill all desires that I have for my life. As typical as that sounds, who wouldn’t wish for a happy ending?

No comments:

Post a Comment