SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Staton, Bailey: Bucket List

-->
            As a person goes through life, they typically have a list of things they wish to accomplish. Some could be considered unconceivable while others are easily completed. My own list is mostly like the latter.
1.     Find a major.
As a college student, I’d like to actually graduating on time. This means I need to find something I like to do. It should make me happy and give me purpose while following God’s plan.

2.     Meet Pentatonix.
Pentatonix is an acapella group I discovered on YouTube. I have heard all of their songs and loved all of them. They have come to Arkansas a few times to perform, yet I have never been unable to attend . 

3.     Go whale watching.
Ever since attending Four States Honor Band, I have been obsessed with whales. I have been on a dolphin cruise, but I have a strong feeling that it’s probably nothing compared to the majesty of whale watching.

4.     Set foot on the moon.
This falls under the more inconceivable part of the list. When I was little, my dad introduced me to the wonderful movie magic known as Wallace & Gromit, A Grand Day Out. Even though I realize now that the moon isn’t made of cheese and there aren’t gas cookers skiing around, it still remains a dream of mine to visit the moon.

5. Take a road trip across North America.
I have always wanted to see the expanse my country. Best done in a car with a group of friends; there is so much to see; we just need to drive. Though there are things on my list that I may never accomplish and others that just require a little money, I just need to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment