SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Johnson, Courtney: Bucket List


I will be writing of the top things on my bucket list. A bucket list is something that you plan to do or hope to accomplish before you die. The top things on my bucket list would have to be to graduate college, have a great paying job afterwards, and travel to the Bahamas.

Graduating from college is at the top of the list because it is such a great accomplishment. I know for a fact that my first couple of weeks here have been a little tough and different. With the work and class schedule it’s nothing like high school. Here, more effort and work is expected, so, graduating is a must.

Second is having a great paying job. Everyone needs a one. In the future there’s a great possibility of children coming into play, which means I would have a family to provide for. I wouldn’t be able to provide for them without a good paying job. Plus, I like to spend money, so I know the future will be a little more expensive than it is now.

Last, but not least, is that trip to the Bahamas. After accomplishing the two above, what better way to reward myself than to take a trip to this beautiful place of relaxation? From the advertisements and pictures I’ve seen, the Bahamas would be the perfect place to escape to for a few days.

So there’s not too much on my bucket list, nothing too major or out of reach. If I stay focused and keep a level head on my shoulders, I know everything will to fall into place. My bucket list is just the beginning of what I plan to do with this wonderful life of mine. What’s on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment