SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Matthews, McKenzie: Bucket List

-->
 For the past year my entire self has been focused on just getting into college and covering the cost, after that I haven’t really considered my major goals for the future. Of course graduating, being successful in my chosen profession, and earning enough money to keep food in the cabinet are very important goals on my bucket list, but these goals are common among most of the other students on campus.
My bucket list truly starts with a dream I’ve had since my mom brought me to my first rodeo. I dreamed of being in a Grand Entry, but more specifically I wanted to be the girl who got the privilege of carrying the American Flag. Although to be able to become that I first must become a proficient rider and horsewoman. That is my second item on my bucket list.
Third on my list is to become an author. Fiction writing has always interested me, and I just want to publish my own imagination. I want to write something that hasn’t been read.
Fourth is to travel across the world to places like Ireland or Spain. I want to experience many different cultures not just outside of the U.S. but within its borders. Montana, Alaska, and Washington State would be nice because of the state’s different topography, animals, and norms (such as the “Midnight Sun Game” in Alaska.)
Even if I don’t accomplish all of these things specifically, I do keep one thing in mind. When I am old and grey I want to sit and tell my grandchildren of all the wonderful things I have seen around the world and within our country, that a person can see only if they’re willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment