SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Escudero, Kenny: Bucket List


            A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die. Everyone has dreams that they want to make a reality but some just never get around to it before they pass away. Compared to most bucket lists mine may seem simple or ordinary, but to me it’s all I need to be content with my life on earth.
            First, I want to be successful. To me success isn’t just having money or other material possessions; success for me is being happy with what I do and what I have. I feel could have all the money in the world and still not be happy. I’m not saying money won’t make me happy, I believe it isn’t everything. I’ll start to feel successful when I have a job that I love, I’m being paid well enough to not worry if I have enough money, and I can do what I want.
            The other main goal is to provide for my family and anyone who has truly supported me. I’ve always been stepped on and I’m sure some people don’t think I’ll amount to much, but I’m thankful for those who do believe in me, especially my family. I know how hard my parents worked their whole lives and how well they raised me so I want them to be able to relax and just enjoy life. I’ve seen them treated unfairly and disrespected; that motivates me to work hard to make things perfect for them.
            I know my bucket list isn’t like most bucket lists but if I can accomplish these two main goals before I die then I’ll be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment