SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hanson, Tyler: Bucket List

-->
My bucket list has never been long or complex it is, however, specific. One of the minor entries on my bucket list is to find my true love. As cliché as that sounds, l’amour vrai remains a pivotal thought in my head, as I believe that, once united with my soul mate, my life will be as gratifying as it will ever be.
An ardent fan of cartoons, anime in particular, I hanker to establish myself as a prominent cartoonist. Growing up on classic Cartoon Network shows, such as Ed Edd n Eddy, and anime television series and cinema, such as the acclaimed and renowned Death Note and Spirited Away, my passion for drawing and storytelling only grows more incessant as the years go by. I already have an idea in mind for my first show: House of Cards, it follows a supernatural high school student and his friends’ carcinogenic quest to find the origin of their abilities while being pursued by a masked antagonist, who seems to bear considerable knowledge of their powers. 
My prime passion is storytelling, which has been evident throughout my life, with several people of substantial authority praising my work as “beyond my years.” Stuck in limbo for some time on what my breakout novel will be, I have conceived Wrath of Kane, a dark-humored tale of a college student/criminal, aided by his red-eyed, intransigent counterpart, Wolf Kane, who attempts to further his trade while circumventing an enigmatic worldwide kingpin and the heretical but potent attempts of a young detective to put him behind bars. My number one entry on my bucket list is to put this story on the big screen so everyone can see my masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment