SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Chang, Chih Yin: Bucket List


All human beings will die and most will not know when. Making bucket lists provides clear goal and effective plans for life. Doing so takes little time and cost.
The first thing on my bucket list is to earn a doctoral degree, which no one in my family has done so far. I want to be an intellectual in the field of my future career in order to contribute to society.
The second thing is to be a puppy raising family for guide dogs. I have always wanted to have a pet dog, but I have also found a way to have a dog for a period of time and, at the same time, help blind or disabled people. By spending time with the dog and training it to sufficiently I can accomplish my goal.
The third thing that I have wanted to do since first seeing a swimming pool is swimming every day. I believe it will build my confidence and make me healthier and happier.
Finally, I wish to travel with my family and loved ones and to fly first class. I want to experience culture, food, architecture, and weather worldwide to broaden my horizons and spend time with the important people in my life. I need to enjoy every day because “tomorrow never comes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment