SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Diffee, Grant: Bucket List


YOLO has been used to justify stupid actions, but it raises a valid point; my only life is the one I’m living. Why not make the most of it? The concept of a bucket list comes into play here.
            Before I die, I would love to visit every continent, especially with my Abuelo. This past summer I had my first trip outside of the U.S. when I flew to Europe. I saw the beauty of the European landscape and was able to visit various historic landmarks, including Checkpoint Charlie. I got to know my Abuelo personally for the first time. If I could see other places with the elder who showed me life outside the U.S. firsthand, that’d be a dream come true.
            I would also love to become a proficient bass player. I’ve played the bass for about two years now. From strumming the strings to slap-and-pop, I am filled with joy as I play this wonderful instrument. Players such as Geddy Lee and Les Claypool influence my playing to this day. Reaching their level of success would be a hard but rewarding task.
            However, the former items do not come close to my number one goal: creating my own cartoon. Animation has influenced me since I was a kid. From Looney Tunes to Steven Universe, I enjoy the old cartoons and new ones alike. These shows have brought me and others joy across our lives. It would be amazing to entertain others the same way these shows have entertained me.
            Everyone in life has different goals. Whether it’s accumulating wealth or just owning a house, all want to reach them before dying. My goals may not be the most extraordinary, but they’re ones I want to achieve no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment