SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Brummett, Logan: Bucket List

-->
            Many people have long bucket lists; they have many things to do before they die. I, however, have a short bucket list. There are two goals that I really want to achieve before I die, and while these two goals may seem difficult, I believe that both of them are reachable. I want to make someone’s favorite game and I want to go to outer space.

            Now, I do have a rough plan of how I will complete these tasks. As I am going into the growing industry of video games, making someone’s favorite game is only a matter of time. This is assuming that I land a job and eventually make my name known in the business. Now depending on how many games I will be able to make before I die and how hard I work at becoming a great game maker, and with the sheer number of people in the world, someone will eventually love one of my games. With the sudden rise in indie games and growth of the industry it won’t be hard for me to get my games on a market somewhere. Now with the Internet and the spread of information, if build a fairly big fan base, I will be able to make a lot of money from my trade. 

            The advances in space travel and the acceleration of technological growth in our modern society will eventually lead to private spaceflight becoming a common occurrence. Already there are companies turning space travel into an industry, and as more companies offer private spaceflight these companies will seek better ways to send people to space for less money. These factors will eventually make space travel, maybe not common, at least affordable for a successful video game developer.

No comments:

Post a Comment