SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Seabaugh, Haydn: Bucket List


     I won’t pretend that I have ever thought before this assignment about what I want to do before I die. It seems a little strange to worry about things like that. I already know that fulfilling all my desires won’t satisfy me while I am still living, and once I am dead, what will it matter to me that I accomplished in my life? The dead need nothing, crave nothing, and thus feel neither pride in their accomplishments in life nor regret in their failures.
     However, that is not to say I crave nothing. I would love to experience how it would feel to be weightless in space. I long to visit foreign lands. I want to see the beauty that both man and God have created. It would be amazing to create stories with characters that seem to leap right off of the pages into readers’ hearts. I want to create works that help others feel the same way.
     Alongside these wishes, some things I am already beginning to work into reality. I enjoy helping people whenever I see that they are feeling sick. By working toward becoming a nurse, I am expanding that desire a little farther. My dream to one day draw as well as the rest of my family has also begun coming true for me. A skill that I originally didn’t have has shown itself to some degree with just a little practice.
     While I previously may not have seen the point of making a bucket list, I can see how it can serve as a record of my ambitions and desires. It might help others to see that I was not just another man, but someone with unique desires; I was truly alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment