SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Etim, Esther: Bucket List


Everyone has a list of things they wish to accomplish in life, a set goal towards self-fulfillment. Esther Etim is my name, and I want to be able to look back at this paper I wrote at age 19. The late Christopher Reeve said “At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable.” While growing up, I had dreams of which felt unattainable but that never stopped me from making plans I’d one day achieve. Firstly, I wish to obtain a degree from a university. I am currently an Engineering Physics and Mathematics major and I will strive hard to earn those degrees. I always like to stay motivated and not to give up because I believe I can do so much with my life if given the opportunity. 

Secondly, I would like to work with NASA or have a corporation which partners with them in the future. 

Thirdly, traveling around the world is one of the things I can actually see myself getting done because I am already a traveler. Traveling never gets old for me; I simply love it. 

Still another goal of mine, one really dear to me, is donating to the needy. It is better to give than to receive. Also, the needy deserve as much care as possible. They should know that, they too, are important to the world. 

As a matter of fact, I want not to be another somebody but to be the first one others look up to. I have always had that thought in my mind. I want to have a positive influence on wide variety and number of people. 

Finally, I love singing and one day I will balance my career as a physicist and as a successful singer. I wonder what reactions I will have reading this later on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment