SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Kirkpatrick, Abbigail: Bucket List


            A bucket list is honestly not something I have thought of much. However, if I had to put something at the top of my bucket list, it would be to get a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from either Louisiana State University or from Oklahoma State University. I have wanted to be a veterinarian since I was in the second or third grade.
            The second thing I would put on my bucket list is to visit Greece. I have always been fascinated with their cultural history. Also, though I do not believe this way, I am very fascinated with Greek and Roman mythology. I would love to talk to the locals and maybe see some places in Greece that would give me more insight into the origins of Greek and Roman Mythology. Likewise, the third thing on my bucket list would be to visit Rome.
            The fourth thing on my bucket list would be to visit Scotland. My biggest reason for this is that my last name holds a great significance in Scotland. My last name is Kirkpatrick. “Kirk” means church and “Patrick” is fashioned after St. Patrick.
            The fifth thing on my bucket list would be to open a veterinary clinic of my own. I have always loved the thought of running my own clinic.
            The sixth thing on my bucket list would be to write and publish my own book. I would love to be able to write a book combining my love for Greek and Roman mythology with my love for science fiction. This would make me feel very accomplished. Overall, my bucket list isn’t an easy one, but I am willing to work long and hard to achieve these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment