SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Good, Sera: Bucket List


Before I perish from all I’ve ever known on this Earth I have a few tasks I’d like to cross off my bucket list. While some may be more difficult to complete than others I fully intend complete them all.
First of all, they are many significant people I would delight in meeting before I die. The list includes, but is not limited to: Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, Rachel Maddow, Louis C.K., J.K. Rowling, and Bill Nye. All of these individuals have had a great impact on my life, ranging from building my childhood to jump starting my adulthood. This is a group of truly influential minds and it would be an absolute honor to shake the hands of every one of them.
Lastly, there are countless locations I would like to visit around the world. Travel is my one true passion and the list of places I have to go is immeasurable and never-ending. To this date, I have never even left the country. I plan to change that as soon as I get the chance. I will travel and never stop. Sure, I may stay in one place for a year or two, but until I am timeworn and frail I don’t plan to settle down in a home anywhere. Fiji, Dubai, London, Hawaii, Rome, Japan, Buenos Aires, and Cairo are just a few major places of interest.
The whole purpose of my bucket list is to grown intellectually, spiritually, and socially. I believe there are too many beautiful places, filled with beautiful minds, filled with many beautiful ideas that I don't want to miss a single one. I can’t and won’t sit in the same place as always, doing the same old things. I have to go and disturb the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment