SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Kirksey, Anna: Bucket List


Sitting down to write just a short bucket list is a difficult task because there are countless items I could list. These following are only a few on my consistently growing bucket list.

One of the items on my bucket list is to travel to places I find intriguing in the United States and in other countries. My senior class trip last May to Washington state (including Seattle) really awakened my desire to travel and to immerse myself in different locations and cultures. Some of the places I am dying to visit are Spain, Italy, Japan, and Australia. 

Another item on my bucket list would be to write my own novel or book series. Reading has always been one of my favorite hobbies and I thoroughly enjoy being immersed in a fictional world for hours on end. So, I would love to create an imaginary world of my own.

In four years I plan to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in the major of my choice. Finally receiving a degree that I will have worked diligently for throughout all of college will be a major accomplishment for me. Even though I am not entirely sure what my major will ultimately be, I hope I can someday find a career that I am truly passionate about and that I wholeheartedly enjoy. 

Eventually, I do wish to settle down and have a home and a family of my own. I would like to live in a location that brings me happiness and success in my career. Lastly, before my days on this earth are over, I hope to have made my life meaningful and lived as much of it as I possibly can to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment