SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Cook, Greggory: Bucket List


            My bucket list consists of activities that can mostly be assigned to three categories. The first and largest category is military related. Following that are a number of random, useless activities, then exploring new experiences with my father would end the list.
 My life goal is to build a better weapon for out armed services. I would like to be remembered with Samuel Colt and Mikhail Kalashnikov. Outside of that, I want to go on a High Altitude Low Opening jump or wing suit base jumping. I am terrified of heights and think the adrenaline rush would be amazing. Some of my more predictable military goals are to pilot an A10 Thunderbolt on a strafing run, drive an M1A2 Abrams tank through a wall, shoot an M2 machine gun from a moving Humvee, and take a mile long shot with a .408 CheyTac Intervention rifle.
One of the more random things I would like to do is walk through the Vatican in a tuxedo, glasses, carrying an umbrella, and taking notes on a clipboard. I feel like this would be the peak of randomness in my life. I would like to drop a cell phone off of Taipei 101 building with a videoconference going so the person I was speaking could see it falling. I also want to eat a Kobe beef filet mignon that has been slow roasted over a lava flow in Hawaii.
 Finally, walking through the Ferrari factory with my dad would mean a lot to me. I would also like to drive the autobahn with my father, although I don't think he would be as happy as I would. All in all, my bucket list is mostly self-centered and does not benefit society, but I feel like achieving these goals would make my life more worthwhile to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment