SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Evans, Emily: Bucket List

When most people are asked to make a bucket list, they tend to get extremely creative. They talk about where they would like to travel or the adventures they want to go on. However my bucket list is quite simple. It can and will be accomplished. I want to be successful in every possible way.
Growing up, I have observed my parents and the decisions that they have made. I want to take what they have given me and build from there. By graduating high school I have already made it farther than my father. By enrolling in college, I have made it farther than my mother. Therefore, the first item on my bucket list is to graduate college.
Caring for others is something that is very near and dear to my heart. After I graduate my next step will be going for my masters to become a Nurse Practitioner. After long consideration and hours of shadowing Nurse Practitioners specialized in different fields, I know that the medical field is the right place for me.
The final thing on my bucket list is to have a happy, healthy family once the previous things on my list have been complete. I must first finish school, begin my career, then start a family. I want to be able to provide more for my family than my parents were able to provide for me.
While my bucket list may not meet the requirements to be considered a typical bucket list, it is, however, what is important to me in my life. I have but one life and one chance. Everyone can dream big and shoot for the stars, but how many can actually grasp them in the palm of their hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment