SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Froehlich, Aarika: Bucket List

I am a very list-oriented person, so I have had a bucket list since I was around thirteen years old. The idea of writing down your goals just makes those goals seem that much more solid and makes them more likely to be accomplished. My own bucket list mostly consists of different variations of traveling and adventurous feats: such as sky-diving and traveling to all seven continents.

I was raised to enjoy traveling. Through my father's job, my family has been to over twenty states, Mexico, and the Bahamas. This has given me a hunger for travel. I want to visit all seven continents and all fifty states. I want to visit Times Square on New Year's Eve, safari in South Africa, and see the skyscrapers of Dubai. Traveling the world appeals to me,and that is why my bucket list involves so much travel.

Sky-diving fascinates me because it's something that I am afraid of. I believe that by doing scary or challenging things I will step out of my comfort zone and make me become a better person. I am afraid of heights, so skydiving is the ultimate challenge of that fear for me.

You must be eighteen to skydive, so I had to wait until then, but now that I am of age; money is the only thing keeping me from skydiving and checking it off of my bucket list.

I personally believe that not enough people start a bucket list, let alone finish one. I am extremely determined to be a person that finishes my bucket list. I won't let my fear or worries hold me back like so many others do. I will complete my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment