SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Friday, October 11, 2024

Bucket List Theresa Ngo

 

My number one bucket list priority is to become a general dentist. I had thoughts of pursuing dentistry my sophomore year of high school but those never solidified it until my senior year. It’s about being able to perform different procedures, the environment, and the sound of the drill that just fascinates me. I am a first generation college student, so it motivates me to become the first doctor in my family.

      Becoming fluent in Spanish has been my lifelong dream. It'll officially be my third language that I can speak to help my future patients. I believe my pronunciation is already good, I just lack practice with other Spanish speakers. A downside is that I get motivated to learn Spanish, then stop completely. Hopefully, I will find the time to dedicate towards that goal again.

I would like to travel to other parts of the USA as well as to Montreal, London, Seoul, Paris, and Saigon. Traveling gives me a sense of peace. There’s a lot of beautiful scenery out there that I want to lay my eyes on. I also want to bring back lots of souvenirs from those places and try their cultural cuisines. Those are the types of experiences I like. 

In late 2017, I self-taught myself modern calligraphy. In high school, I wanted to be able to do more than just that, so I learned how to do Chicano script lettering. A side job that I want to pursue is becoming a tattoo artist and opening up my own place, specifically for lettering. I’m not the best, but decent at it. The process of lettering takes a while, but it’s very satisfying. If not a shop, I at least want to get a tattoo on somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment