SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Bucket List Hunter Pye

I would consider myself a lifelong learner. From the early years of my life until now, I have always enjoyed learning new things. As a child, I was always picking up new hobbies and trying to learn more about new subjects. 

With my ambition and vast interests, I’m sure I could talk all day about things I would love to do later in my life. However, there are some key things that are at the top of my list. Starting in high school, I took interest in political discussion. Over time, I realized that I had a passion for leadership. I became fascinated with our country’s history and political philosophy. Therefore, I am looking forward to the day that I run my own campaign for elected office. My goal is to run a successful campaign and serve Arkansans on the state-level. Because of politics, I became intrigued with American law, and I have come to really enjoy studying litigation. My career goal is to become a litigation lawyer. 

In my personal life, I want to do some traveling. I don’t have a specific place in mind, but for certain, I want to experience more of this beautiful world I live in. I also want a family, with a beautiful wife and kids that I love sacrificially. I want to achieve enough success in my career so that my family enjoys financial security. I also want to give my future wife and children a good life, like my parents gave me. Above all, I want my life to reflect Christ. My life here on Earth is temporary, and there is only so much I can do. But whatever I do, I want it to be an advancement of God’s will and an advancement of God’s kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment