SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 14, 2024

Bucket List Ranaiya Kirkindoff

When I was told to come up with a bucket list my mind went blank. Growing up I would always hear about people's bucket lists on TV and social media. I would never hear that people I know in real life have one.

The first thing on my bucket list is traveling to all seven continents. My first time traveling on a airplane was on a family trip to Florida when was in the 10th grade. Ever since then I’ve loved traveling by airplane. Also, learning about the different cultures around the world and their traditions would be pretty fascinating.

Being a business owner has always been a dream of mine. I would really like to open up a Beauty Shop because hairdressing has always been a passion of mine. I’ve been doing hair since I was little, but I didn’t start doing others hair and having clients until I was in the 10th grade. In Black culture the beauty shop is a place where we can vent, laugh, cry, and connect with other people all through hair.

Getting my doctoral degree in music has recently been something added to my bucket list. Music has been in my life since I was born. My whole family sings and plays instruments. Music has always been something that I gravitated to more than anything else. Music is healing in a way, when you don’t have the words you have music, the sounds, the lyrics, the way the music makes you feel. Being able to teach others the ins and outs of music and being able to connect with them is important to me.

Ever since I was little I’ve always had big dreams and aspirations; I have accomplished many of them. Hopefully, I can push myself to cross more things off of my bucket list in the next ten years. To many it might seem impossible and intimidating but I love a good challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment