SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Bucket List Nadia Dodson

 Asked to create a bucket list I realize how few ambitions I focus on. I moved into college focused on finishing the last days of my job, the season coming to a close. Now I have blips of goals: pass this test, complete this assignment, be on time, and so on. While I am at SAU I want to accomplish some of the same things everyone says. I want to excel, I want to graduate on time, I want to pass all my classes, same old same old. Personally, I want to strike a balance between involvement on campus and my academics and maintain it. One example is to be involved in the projects happening in the biology department, another is to get experience before going out into the world looking for a job.   

To obtain the necessary experience I want to find summer internship programs. These internships are a foot in the door, a way to possibly have a job after graduating or, at least, a step closer to a job. It is through these steps, these internships and my degree, that I aim to accomplish what pushed me towards my major. It is my heartfelt hope that, with my degree, I can collect data on species that are rarely studied, that are data deficient, and which have not been studied for decades.   

In my personal life, I want to spend more time with my friends who go to different colleges; in essence, to keep those long standing relationships strong. Similarly, at SAU, I would like to meet new people and make some new friends. I’d like to see current relationships grow alongside the new ones forming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment