SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Bucket List Jett Stephenson

I am about to turn 19. I would love to be a starter on the SAU golf team this year, specifically by the upcoming tournament; qualifying is today. The top seven get a starting spot.  

Traveling has always called my name. As a child, I always enjoyed going off someplace new with family, such as the lake or the river or the occasional trip to Corpus Christi for whatever reason. Oceans have always been my focus in travel, but a mountain view would be a nice change of pace.  

At the 4th annual Pilgrim’s 4-man scramble in Oklahoma, I was the recipient of a kayak in a raffle drawing. Now that brand-new kayak sits beside the one that my sister found randomly in our pasture that we took the pleasure of making our own. I would love to take it out on the Caddo with my friends who have more experience in that scene than me.  

A nice internship or job in a political setting would be wonderful, which is the profession that I am pursuing. SAU offers an incredible deal with UALR Law, in which if a student maintains a high enough GPA, they gain automatic acceptance into the law program without having to go through the application process. 

 In a perfect world, I would be able to find an “in” into some form sports agency, and I could handle any kind of dealings in the sports world. However, that is more distant. Instead, I will be putting most of my focus and effort into my first semester of college and maintaining a high GPA so I can remain a part of the Honors College program.  

No comments:

Post a Comment