SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Bucket List Kasey Ellerbee

 

Writing is my passion. It always has been, and it always will be. Inspiration ignites like sparks when I open my laptop and write on Google Docs. The words that I key seem like they come to life, and I can't help but imagine what's going on right in front of me. When I read, it's like watching a movie with my own two eyes.


When I graduate, I plan to become an editor/author. More specifically, I wish to write short stories, novels, plays, and other types. I am also open to writing articles for news outlets. I also like looking at and revising people's work! 

 

During college, one of my main goals is to become a writing consultant. Helping other students while also doing what I love is like a dream to me. More than that, I want to go to Universal Studios to see the Harry Potter side of the park. Harry Potter always has been a source of inspiration. The dragons, the wands, the potions, the cloaks, the scenery surrounding me... what would be a better place than that? The magic is right in front of me! Literally! 

 

I hope to be able to write like some of my favorite authors such as Tricia Levenseller and Jenna Moreci. While my writing is more flowery and detailed, theirs is simpler and easier to read. They still leave room for imagination. Throughout and after college, my ultimate goal is to improve my writing skills, to simplify my writing and avoid unnecessary details.

No comments:

Post a Comment