SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 14, 2024

Bucket List Simea' Newton

In the future I plan to be a physician's assistant but there are many goals I wish to achieve in the meantime. 

 

I would like to hike to the top of a mountain, preferably a mountain that has little threat of death, injury, or trauma. 

 

I want to successfully nurture a plant to adulthood. This is very big because I struggle to keep plants of any variety alive longer than a few weeks. 

 

I want to see a shooting star and the Northern Lights occur at the same time. I can hardly imagine how beautiful that rare sight would be. 

 

I would also like to travel as far north as legally possible. How cool would it be to walk around and explore the white vastness that is the Arctic?

 

I want to travel overseas to New Zealand and learn about the Māori people. This means I would also have to face my fear of large bodies of water which is also on my bucket list. 

 

I want to become fluent in a popular language such as Spanish or Korean. Having both of these languages under my belt would not only be really cool, but it would be advantageous in my career field to be able to communicate with people outside my culture. 

 

I want to have my own moment in pop culture and become a microcelebrity that people randomly think about from time to time. It doesn’t have to be anything super impactful, but I really want to have a little sample of fame. I would like to meet Beyoncé before she officially retires from the music industry completely. I’ve loved her since I was a small child sitting in the back seat of my mother’s car screaming along to her songs at the top of my lungs and meeting her would literally change the trajectory of my life. 

 

I want to sing for an audience and receive a standing ovation. Singing is a big passion of mine and being shown appreciation for my voice would be so amazing. 

 

Hopefully, I can achieve it all before I kick the bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment