SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Bucket List Viviana Farias

 

My bucket list is constantly changing but as of right now, a Freshman at Southern Arkansas University I plan on keeping good grades through hard work while also balancing a good Golf game. I want to enjoy both the academic and athletic side of my time here at SAU. I plan on doing that by getting involved in the community through volunteering opportunities and the SAAC (Student Athlete Advisory Committee). 

Through SAU I plan on getting a degree in Entrepreneurship and I also plan on minoring in something, but I am not quite sure what yet. I want to open and invest in business ideas I have had since I was small.  While I can't get a job because of my busy schedule I still want to make a difference at SAU during my time here. I want to do that by bringing an organization called Triumph Over Kid Cancer (TOKC) to bring awareness to Magnolia Arkansas about pediatric cancer through community volunteering events.

As for my personal bucket list, I want to live life to the fullest and never settle for less. I want to enjoy what I do for a living while also being able to take time away and either play golf or travel to places I have dreamed of visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment