SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Bucket List Jayla Lambert

Since the 10th grade, I’ve been in musicals at my high school and at Magnolia Arts. I’ve been in so many, but I’ve only seen two: Esther at the Sight and Sound Theatre in Branson and Hadestown on Broadway in New York City. I would love to see more musicals before the end of next semester and especially before I graduate. There’s an opportunity to watch Dear Evan Hansen in The Robinson Theatre this week, but I’m not sure if I can make it. 

With my high school choir, we traveled every year. We’ve been to Chicago, New York, and this year we went to Hollywood. Because of choir, I love traveling, and although I’m not in the choir anymore, I would like to continue to travel. I want to visit Atlanta and Florida. My parents are traveling to Jamaica tomorrow for a couples’ retreat, and I am so jealous. They’ve made me realize how much I miss traveling every year. Traveling makes my stomach rumble. The thought of all the new foods and drinks makes my soul happy. 

Even if I don't get to travel anytime soon, I still want to try new foods. I have friends in town from different cultures who invite me for dinner and we’ll share dishes the others have never tried before. I’m friends with a faculty member's daughter and I love his curry and his wife’s salmon and onion soup. I aspire to continue filling my belly with good food, although it’s kind of hard being a broke college student.

No comments:

Post a Comment