SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Bucket List Clayton Collins

 

My bucket list contains 2 main parts: the current and the future. It is important to look ahead at what you want to do in life, but you should never forget about the present. My future goal is to become an orthopedic surgeon, perhaps working at a VA hospital, owning my practice, or some mix of both. However, this is far in the future at this point, so I must focus on my current schooling here at SAU where I intend to maintain a 4.0 GPA, become an officer of the Pre-Health Club, find shadowing or internships, and conduct research with a professor. I want to do this to place myself at UAMS where I shall aim to match in a residency either in Washington State or Colorado, I love the environment in both those states.

I firmly agree with the self-actualization and improvement that Alfred Maslow established, so I envision myself improving physically, mentally, and holistically as it would be an insult to myself to not live up to my potential. I must be better. I will build myself up by obtaining the physique I want through vigorous, consistent effort; I will nourish my body by making sure I maintain a healthy lifestyle; and I shall become a better person.

Together with my medical and personal aspirations, I will fulfill the need to help others, create a successful living, harbor a family, and live the life I want to live. I want to be able to say that I climbed a famous pitch such as El Capitan in Yosemite. I want to travel the world, especially to New Zealand and to Northern Europe where I could potentially have residences. I want to have a creative hobby such as writing a book. Basially, I want to improve myself and live the life I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment