SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Friday, October 4, 2024

Bucket List Allison Parker

 

As a start, I want to ride in a hot air balloon. I have always felt afraid of heights and situations where I can’t easily escape, both of which are inevitable when riding in a hot air balloon. The action of riding in the air balloon isn’t just about the view or the feeling of the wind cold on my face- but the fact that were I to ride in one, I’d have conquered my fears and not allowed them to control me.
 
On a more serious note, I want to graduate college. Twice. Neither of my parents have attended college, making me the first to have the chance to graduate. I want to feed my ambitions like a flame by getting as much knowledge under my belt as possible. I plan to graduate with my first degree in computer science, and my second in pathology. Both of these things have interested me since I was a 10 year old, learning to do basic block-coding on Scratch while watching video after video on epidemics and deadly diseases- I was a weird kid.
 
I want to travel to Japan. It’s as common a wish as any, but I find some nostalgia when thinking about Japan and how my dad would bring me home souvenirs from his deployments overseas. The cute dolls and Pokemon merch became a token for the joy I’d feel watching him walk through the door after months of no contact.
 
Overall, I want to live a life where I feel fully fulfilled and happy. My bucket list is due to change, as life ebbs and flows and my wants and dreams will as well. But I will never strive for a life that’s less than.

No comments:

Post a Comment