SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Bucket List Emily Stanich

When asked to write a bucket list, most people list off fun activities, but I believe there are more meaningful bucket list agendas. 

Personally, the thought that crosses my mind throughout the day is making my mother proud. My mother is the one person that will be by my side until I die. She has always taken care of me, and she is the reason I am in college today. Ever since I was little I can remember my mom telling me about how important school is, and when I failed her continuously throughout school; she would always lift me back up, so that I could try again. 

College has been hard for us. She works three different jobs to help me pay for college, and I put in the work on making excellent grades. I can see how it affects her when I visit home. Seeing her like that has motivated me to achieve this goal, and motivated me to do well in college; all just to make her proud. 

One might ask how I will accomplish this goal? I have already started; currently I have straight A’s; which helps my mother financially because of scholarships. The next portion of the plan is to visit her to make sure she is well, and in doing so she can see the progress I am making. Lastly, I plan to get an internship with Lockheed Martin, so that I can pay for my own education, so she does not have to. It is time to make my mother proud, and I must return the favor and take care of her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment