SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Bucket List Layton Baugh

 When considering all the possibilities of the near and far future, there are many things that I would like to accomplish between now and the end of my time. The first of which is my least probable one, that is going to the moon. I understand it is very generic and stereotypical even, but if the opportunity ever arose for me to set foot on the moon, I would with 99% certainty take the first chance possible. 

But aside from the dreaming, one of my more relevant and serious goals pertaining to my rodeo career and lifestyle would be to make the NFR, the National Finals Rodeo where the best of the best in rodeo compete on their bucket lists. Now, because of the stage of my life that I am in, the NFR is the number one material item on my bucket list. 

Further down my list the goals seem to become closer in real time. While it is not number one on my bucket list, graduating from college is going to happen within the next four years. But it is not just the idea of graduating college that I would like to complete, it is a matter of graduating successfully. Did I gain anything from it? Did I have fun? Was the college experience worth it?  

I want to be able to answer with a yes and not have to worry about them once my college career is completed. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment