SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Bucket List Cason Buzzard

A dream I’ve always had since I was a little boy, is to be a great father. So simple, so daunting, and everything I work for in life. I hold no greater desire than to make children I don’t even have yet proud, to be a father that could supply everything my children want and need and could desire. 

I look back at my childhood and my father has been a fantastic inspiration and driving force throughout my entire life. I hold him in incredibly high regards, and one day I hope to not only be like him but to surpass him. I would hold no greater pride in life than to be the father that my children love to brag about, no matter their age, nor the time period. 

The same love that I see my own father in I want my children to experience in the decades to come. The same stories that I tell my friends and family of my father, I hope that my children will share stories of me in a similar regard. I want to protect and love them greater than I do so myself or anyone else. Everything a father should be is all I aspire to in life. Everything I do, every action I take, I take so that one day I can reach my goal. 

What could spur someone to have a goal like this? I have no idea. It’s just everything I have ever wanted and everything I work for in my day to day life and one day I will attain this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment