SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Bucket List: Trilla Richardson

The main thing I want to achieve on my bucket list is obtaining my future job as an ER physician. A few short-term goals include, making all A’s throughout my first semester here at SAU, stepping out of my comfort zone while at college, meeting new people from all different types of backgrounds, and taking time to get to know each one of my professors. I remind myself every day that achieving these small goals brings me closer and closer to my dream. After my time here at SAU, I would like to be accepted into the medical program at UAMS. This is my dream medical school because of how close it is to home!  


    Another topic on my bucket list is marriage. I want to meet my best friend and have a beautiful life with him! I want someone driven, smart, and hardworking. I want us to achieve some goals on our bucket lists together! Along with marriage I would like to have two or three children. I want to raise them to be even better than me. I want them to be hardworking, kind, and loving towards others. I can’t wait to have my own little family one day.


    In this list I wanted to include some fun goals as well. I want to travel to every state in the US! I love seeing all the beautiful scenery Earth has to offer. Another goal I want to achieve is to sing more often. Growing up I always sang at talent shows, school events, and at church. After getting to college, I lost a lot of these opportunities. It is my goal to get back into my hobby and sing at talent shows, and different events SAU has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment