SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Bucket List: Garrett Hughes

I’d like to travel outside the country, preferably to Norway or Finland.

I want to become a track & field Olympian. I would like to compete at the highest level of competition, pushing myself to new heights, and running against the best of the best while having fun!

I’d like to get married, have a life-changing wedding, and have 5 kids after marriage. I’d love to be a father and teach my kids the things my dad has taught me and watch them grow every day.

I want to graduate college with a bachelor’s degree, then go to graduate school and get my master’s degree.

I’d like to find a way to intertwine my engineering major into architecture. Before engineering, I really wanted to be an architect. That is still a goal so I would like to combine the things I am being taught in engineering and use them for architecture.

I want to give back to the community in any way I can. I love to serve, and I want to make a positive impact on the community I’m around and be able to help people around the world. I want to help change lives for the better, doing the little things that will lead to great change!

I’d like to have a house of my own and move in together with my wife.

I want me and my wife to have good stable jobs that would not have me nor my family moving a lot to where me and my family can grow up around the same community of people instead of moving around 24/7.

I’d like to remain the happy, content person I am and not let what others say or do dictate my attitude or the things I desire to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment