SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Bucket List: Logan Barnett

 As someone who is working towards one day being an engineer, my most important goals right now are to stay on top of my classes during my time at SAU and search for internship or assistant research opportunities when I am ready to take them on. I want to learn as much as I can about the world of engineering and hit the ground running after I get a degree in Bachelor of Science in engineering. I hope to continue growing my ideas through my independent reading as well because I have a few interests in other subjects such as philosophy. 

Taking a step away from my scholastic goals, I really want to pursue my hobby in training and fitness because it keeps my mind clear; I feel mentally my best when I'm physically at my best. Some friends and I recently have been more exposed to fishing and hunting. So, I plan on dipping my toes into that hobby with them as well. That would be a new way for me to spend time with my friends. 

Another thing that I’ve always wanted to do is visit Hawaii because it is a place my father has always talked about visiting ever since I was little. 

Overall, I just want to experience life and discover new hobbies while pursuing the ones I currently have.  I hope one day to settle down and start a family while living a life free of regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment