SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Bucket List: Rachel Laughlin

As a college student my initial goal in life is to graduate from college with my Bachelors of Science in Forensic Chemistry.  

After graduating college, I plan to become a Forensic Scientist and work for the FBI. When I was younger, I wanted to be a lawyer and have my own law firm. This is still kind of a dream and if my forensics plan falls through it will give me something else to look forward to.  

Travel always calls and I would love to go to Italy, Rome, and Peru as they are my dream locations to go to.  

After I gain financial and mental stability, I want to get married and start a family. I want the best for my future children and that includes the best me for them as well. I want to break the continuous generational trauma in my family and that starts with healing yourself so you do not pass it further down the family line.  

Eventually I would love to buy my dream house and get a Doberman. I want to buy and fix up my dream car which is a 1967 Chevrolet Impala or a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T.  To achieve these goals, I want to become the best version of me and first finish college and gain mental and financial stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment