SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Bucket List: Elyssa Liechty

 


As a freshman in college, my main goal right now is to maintain good grades, gain knowledge and understanding of the subjects I'm being taught, and graduate with a degree I am passionate about. 


While in college I would also like to work on putting myself out there more, trying new things, and meeting new people while I am living on campus and have these opportunities available all around me. 


Once I graduate from SAU I hope to find a job that allows me to help people, use the skills I've gained in college, and provide a good income for me to live off of, and also an income that will allow me to give back to my family since they are the only reason I am where I am now. 


Sometime in the future I also want to have a husband and children. I want to have a big white house on lots of land, with horses and ponds to fish in. I want to have a wrap-around porch with a swing on it. I want my house to be where everyone goes for holidays and a place where everyone is comfortable and feels loved and appreciated. 


When I’m old I want to be able to look back on these things and be able to say I accomplished them, and that because of my hard work, along with the support of my family, I have had a successful and fulfilling life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment