SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Bucket List: Mtende Moyo

While I used to worry about the future and its uncertainty, I now see it as a challenge to take steps to become who I want to be, both professionally and personally.

Firstly, and soon, I hope to establish an online presence as an artist to network with other creatives. Simultaneously, I plan on doing both illustrative and design-based commissions to further my experience and creative growth. With this practice, I will begin developing original comics to publish, both online and in print, with captivating plots and meaningful allegories to impact others. I hope to one day assemble a small team to make my passion project game or learn coding to develop independently while still focusing on other professional endeavors. Online, I also wish to publish video essays on obscure media in my spare time to give people laughs. While I plan to use digital artwork in my job, I also want to share my voice with the world in numerous ways.

I think it's important to keep learning new things, expand yourself, and experience different aspects of life. To coincide with that ideology and passion project, I'd like to familiarize myself with 3D modeling- learning to mold and rig in Blender or ZBrush- to become competent in 2D and 3D animation. Additionally, I'd like to learn how to play the guitar and the piano and familiarize myself with music theory and composition to create songs as a new method of self-expression. 

One crucial long-term goal of mine is to travel the country and globe. I'd love to broaden my worldview by visiting art museums and delving into other cultures and histories firsthand. I aspire to pick up at least one new spoken language and learn ASL to connect with more people and promote inclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment